APRN to DNP
Finish What You Started – In Just 24 Months
Are you ready to complete your Doctor of Nursing Practice degree? The online APRN to DNP program provides you with the opportunity to complete this degree in 24 months or less.
The DNP degree enhances APRN practice by expanding your knowledge and skills in population-based healthcare. Through evaluation and translation of research and evidence-based practice at an individual, family, community and systems level, DNP graduates are prepared to address healthcare in a way that promotes positive outcomes and increases the effectiveness of care.
This practice doctorate culminates with a Capstone project that emphasizes bringing research to practice in a meaningful way.
This terminal, practice-oriented degree is the perfect fit for:
- Nurse practitioners
- Clinical nurse specialists
- Nurse anesthetists
- Nurse midwives
The program requires 34 credit hours with 10 credits hours dedicated to the Capstone project. The actual number of required credit hours will be determined on a case-by-case basis for students transferring in prior graduate credits. A minimum of 28 credit hours must be completed at Nebraska Methodist College for the DNP degree to be awarded.
- The DNP curriculum builds upon knowledge from the student's previous BSN and MSN education, specifically in leadership, healthcare policy, innovation and practice change.
- The program concludes with the nurse completing an evidence-based Capstone project centered on the application and assessment of a healthcare topic in a community or patient practice.
- Our faculty, led by DNP-qualified experts and thought leaders, enhance learning with their broad experiences in advanced clinical practice, leadership and education
- Graduates will be prepared to develop, implement, assess and advance new practice approaches for healthcare delivery.
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Nurses Association
- Listing of National & International Nursing Organizations
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Nebraska Methodist College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). http://www.ccneaccreditation.org