MSN, Nurse Executive
Become a leader with our online MSN Program's Nurse Executive track.
Increase your impact by earning your online MSN degree as a Nurse Executive. Today, there is a great need for educated, experienced nurses to assume senior management positions in healthcare systems and other organizations.
Our program provides you with management techniques and business acumen that, when combined with the values and attributes you've acquired as a nursing professional, will prepare you for an executive leadership role.
- The Online MSN program is a CCNE-accredited program that can be completed online in 21 months.
- The Nurse Executive track is designed to further your skills as a nurse, a leader and a capable business executive.
- The curriculum provides the skills and knowledge needed to work as a nurse executive in a variety of settings.
- Courses are five or ten weeks long, with one week off before the start of the next course.
- Students can access courses at any time of the day and from anywhere with Internet access.
- Students gain administrative experience through practicum and projects.
- Upon completion of the program, graduates will be eligible for executive certification from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Nurse Executive Salary & Job Outlook
Nursing salaries for nurse executives vary widely in the U.S. and are based upon many factors including geography, job description, specialty and experience. The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates the median salary in May 2015 in the United States for Medical and Health Services Managers was $94,500 ($45.43 per hour), with a much faster than average projected job growth of 17 percent between 2014 and 2024.
MSN Blog Posts
- Why Earn Your MSN? Students Share Their Stories
- Why the Time Is Right to Jump from BSN to MSN
- Earning Your MSN Degree: Where Should You Specialize?
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE)
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
The master's degree in nursing at Nebraska Methodist College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) http://www.ccneaccreditation.org