Certified Nursing Assistant
Become a CNA in just weeks!
What is a Certified Nursing Assistant?
Nursing Assistants are important members of the healthcare team. They generally work under the direction of supervisory staff within a healthcare facility.
Nurse Aides work closely with patients on a daily basis to provide essential care such as checking vital signs, making up patient beds and assisting patients with tasks such as personal grooming. They can also assist doctors and nurses with basic medical procedures.
Nebraska Methodist College provides two options to meet your needs: a four week on-campus program and a six-week online hybrid program. Subject matter is the same for both classes.
Certified Nursing Assistant Program Info
- Four-week on-campus certificate program features small classes taught by experienced instructors who encourage a hands-on approach to learning.
- Six-week hybrid certificate program features mostly online coursework, with students expected to come to campus once per week to take part in interactive learning activities.
- The program emphasizes care for all types of patients. Special attention is devoted to the aging process, including identifying the physical and emotional aspects of aging and helping patients to achieve and maintain the optimal level of well-being at any age.
- Following completion of training, eligible students may take the competency exams to qualify for State of Nebraska Nurse Aide Registry placement.
- Day, night and weekend classes available
CNA Salary & Job Outlook
Nursing Assistant salaries in the United States vary by work setting and experience. The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates the median salary for Nursing Assistants in the United States was $25,710 per year ($12.36 per hour) in May 2015, with a much faster than average growth rate of 17 percent between 2014 and 2024.
CNAs are qualified to work in a variety of settings, including:
- Rehabilitation centers
- Assisted living facilities
- Medical offices
- Home healthcare
CNA Course Location:
All Nebraska Methodist College CNA courses are taught on campus, located:
Nebraska Methodist College
The Josie Harper Campus
720 N. 87th Street
Omaha, NE 68114