Current Status: Campus open, MASKS REQUIRED ON CAMPUS
X symbol to close out of alert module
Apply Now
Contact Us

Health & Safety Requirements for Students

Nebraska Methodist College requires all health science students with an on-campus presence and students in any program containing clinical experiences to provide records of immunizations and compliance documents. Students are expected to complete health requirements and submit all required forms by the designated due dates.

Health requirements are specific to each program. If you are enrolled in a program not listed below, then you do not need to submit any health documents.

Health Requirements for On-Campus Students

Who are enrolled in the following programs:

  • Traditional BSN
  • Accelerated BSN
  • Physical Therapist Assistant
  • Respiratory Care
  • Surgical Technology
  • Cardiovascular Sonography, AS & BS
  • Multispecialty Sonography
  • Imaging Sciences/Radiologic Technology
  • Respiratory Therapy
  • Occupational Therapy

Health Requirements for Online ONLY Students

Who are enrolled in the following programs:

  • RN To MSN Nurse Educator
  • RN To MSN Nurse Executive
  • RN To MSN Nursing Informatics
  • RN To MSN Care Coordinator
  • MSN Nurse Educator
  • MSN Nurse Executive
  • MSN Nursing Informatics
  • MSN Care Coordinator
  • RN To BSN

Health Requirements for DNP Students

Who are enrolled in the following programs:

  • Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) 

Health Requirements for EdD Students

Who are enrolled in the following programs:

  • Doctorate of Education (EdD) 

Health Requirements for PPOTD Students

Who are enrolled in the following programs:

Post-Professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate (PPOTD)

  • Background check and NE Abuse Registry Check*
    *NMC contracts with CastleBranch, a service that allows students to order their own background checks online. Information on setting up a CastleBranch account will be sent to students upon acceptance. Fees apply.

Health Requirements for Professional Development Students

Who are enrolled in the following programs:

  • Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) 
  • Medication Aid 
  • Sterile Processing Tech 
  • RN Refresher 
  • Phlebotomy 
  • Pharmacy Tech 

Important Forms

Students must submit completed health forms as soon as possible so required immunizations can be verified. For questions or clarification, please contact Campus Health at (402) 354-7211.



Where can I find my immunization records?

If your doctor’s office doesn’t have your records, try your high school and/or previous college.  If the records aren’t available, you may need to be re-vaccinated or get a blood test to prove immunity.

How to I sign up for Healthcare Provider CPR?

NMC requires CPR/BLS courses that are specific to healthcare workers. Students can register for free through NMC Professional Development. Call NMC Professional Development (402-354-7100) for CPR questions since they coordinate the classes and they can help retrieve CPR cards.

What do I do if I do not have health insurance?

NMC policy states that students are required to have health insurance while enrolled to ensure that they are covered while in a clinical setting or on campus. Students without insurance can register at or contact the following person for assistance finding a plan: EVOLVE Benefits, Todd Beran, 402-933-3499 or 402-661-4853.

Campus Health Policies

The health of our students is very important to success in and out of the classroom. All students must maintain and adhere to our health policies and procedures. These include our policies on Degree- and Certificate-Seeking Students, Health Insurance, Immunizations, Infectious Disease, Return to Clinical/Class/Lab Following Illness or Injury, Student Exposure to Illness, Tuberculosis, and Important Forms, background check, and drug screen policies.