A Career in Pharmacy Begins HERE
The Pharmacy Technician Program from Nebraska Methodist College is designed to help the healthcare leaders of tomorrow embark on their pharmacy careers.
This non-credit course will combine an online learning environment with on-campus skills labs and on-site training at an actual pharmacy, providing you with the education you need to successfully navigate this in-demand field. Two course lengths are available to meet your schedule and learning needs.
In addition, this course will prepare you to sit for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam, passage of which will soon be required by Nebraska law in order to be employed as a pharmacy technician.
As a student, you'll learn how to assist pharmacists with critical functions that aid patient care in multiple ways. Upon completion of the program, you'll be able to fill prescriptions, manage drug supplies, handle insurance queries and work diligently to address the needs of patients and your fellow healthcare professionals, all while complying with the many regulations governing the drug industry.
Areas such as pharmacology, physiology and medical terminology are designed with future healthcare professionals like you in mind. The course will provide a baseline of core knowledge for a variety of healthcare professions.
- 9-Week Accelerated Hybrid Curriculum - Approximately 10 hours per week (4 hours of on-campus skills lab instruction and 6 additional hours of online modules).
- 16-Week Hybrid Curriculum- Approximately 5 hours per week (Twice monthly on-campus skills lab instruction and 3-5 hours of online modules).
- Students will also complete 40 total hours of experiential training at local pharmacies.
- Participants will register with the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. Upon completion of the course, each student will complete the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCB).
- Students who pass the PTCB exam will be entitled to use CPhT credentials.
Pharmacy Technician Salary & Job Outlook
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, pharmacy technicians in the United States had a median salary of $30,410 per year ($14.62 per hour) in May 2015, with a faster than average projected job growth of 9% between 2014 and 2024.
Pharmacy Technician Professional Organizations