Radiologic Technology, AS
Join the high demand field of radiologic technology.
A Radiologic Technologist produces images of the human body that are used in various diagnostic procedures. He or she uses a combination of technology, science, patient care and collaboration to perform job-related duties.
Doctors rely on Radiologic Technologists to take accurate X-rays while maintaining a high level of sensitivity with patients. Technologists may work in hospitals, clinics or other diagnostic imaging centers.
- 24-month, accredited Associate of Science Degree program.
- Provides both a strong liberal arts foundation and professional training.
- The clinical component of the program requires hands-on experience in various healthcare settings in the greater Omaha area, western Iowa and surrounding counties (Students will be responsible for personal transportation to and from these off-campus clinical sites).
- State-of-the-art, fully energized digital X-ray lab
- Students must earn a total of 80 credits for this degree program.
More Program Information
- Rad Tech Mission, Goals & Objectives
- Rad Tech Technical Standards
- Rad Tech Program Effectiveness Data
- Rad Tech Program Student Handbook
Radiologic Technologist Salary & Job Outlook
O*Net Online indicates the U.S. median salary in May 2015 for a Radiologic Technologist was $56,670 per year ($27.25 per hour), while the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a faster than average job growth of 9 percent between 2014 and 2024.
Radiologic Technology Professional Organizations
Rad Tech Blog Posts
- Mammography Program Caps Off Year-Long Rad Tech Expansion
- X-Ray Marks The Spot: Careers 101- Rad Tech
- What is a Rad Tech?
The Radiologic Technology Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). Inquiries regarding accreditation may be directed to: Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, Illinois 60606-3182. Phone: 312-704-5300 Fax: 312-704-5304 Website: www.jrcert.org Email: email@example.com
Other Degree Options
Nebraska Methodist College offers several degree options in medical imaging: