Radiologic Technology Written Statement
For students applying to Imaging Sciences, BS, or Radiologic Technology, AS.
Please develop a thoughtful and organized response to each of the numbered prompts below.The admissions committee is looking for responses that are well supported and use appropriate style and grammar.
Your complete statement should not exceed 1,000 words and should use APA formatting and citations where applicable. You may attach your statement to an email and submit it to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instances of plagiarism within an applicant's written statement will disqualify them for acceptance to Nebraska Methodist College due to the College's commitment to academic integrity and stringent plagiarism policies.
- Please address what or who has influenced your decision to pursue a career in healthcare.
- Describe the skills, job duties and types of patient exams you will be expected to perform as a radiologic technologist.
- If you have job shadowed in radiologic technology, tell us about that experience and how it confirmed that this is the right career choice for you. If you have not shadowed, please respond: Not Applicable.
- An NMC graduate is an educated citizen who exhibits breadth of learning through the liberal arts and sciences traditions in concert with professional education. Our goal as an institution is that graduates of NMC will be able to articulate and demonstrate growth in the following areas: as reflective individuals, as effective communicators and as change agents. Considering the educated citizen goals, describe how you would envision using these characteristics as a radiologic technologist.
- Provide an example of a difficult situation or dilemma and describe how you demonstrated resilience and maintained a positive attitude during this time.
- Outline the steps you will take to ensure your success in this academically rigorous and time-intensive program. Specifically discuss how you will balance other roles and responsibilities in your life during this time. Please consider addressing relationships, employment, financial obligations and any additional priorities in your response.
- Describe your support system and outline specific areas you anticipate needing support in. Briefly outline a plan for obtaining that support.
- Address any D's F's, W's or other discrepancies on your transcripts. If you do not have any D's, F's or W's please respond: Not Applicable.