RN to MSN Educator Overview
RN to MSN Program Info
- This RN to MSN Nurse Educator track is CCNE-accredited and can be completed online in less than 36 months.
- The program is designed for busy Registered Nurses (RNs) who have a passion for the nursing profession as well as for learning, teaching and working with students.
- The curriculum provides the skills and knowledge needed to work as a nurse educator in many different settings.
- Students gain teaching experience through practicum and projects.
- Courses are five weeks long, with one week off before the start of the next course.
- Students can access courses at any time of the day and from anywhere with Internet access.
Nurse Educator Salary & Job Outlook
Nursing salaries for nurse educators vary widely across the U.S. and are based upon geography, type of institution, degree level, and experience. O*Net indicates the U.S. median salary in 2013 for Health Specialties, Teachers, Postsecondary was $85,030 per year, with an average projected job growth until 2020 of 10% to 19%.
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- National League For Nursing (NLN)
- Listing of National & International Nursing Organizations
This master's degree degree in nursing at Nebraska Methodist College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530
Washington, DC 20036-1120. Phone: 202-887-6791
To be successful with your online courses, you should have a basic understanding of computers and the internet. Read more about the minimum knowledge and hardware requisites on our Online Technology Requirements page.