Adult Gerontology CNS Admissions
|Starting Term||Priority Application Deadline||Standard Application Deadline|
|Fall (August) 2020
||December 13, 2019
||February 28, 2020|
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis following the priority deadline.
It benefits applicants to complete their application as close to the priority deadline as possible as more seats are available.
Program Admissions Criteria
Applicants are evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) from a program accredited by CCNE, ACEN, NLNAC or NLN CNEA.
- A grade point average (GPA) ≥ 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in bachelor's nursing program.
- Undergraduate completion of the following courses:
- Undergraduate health assessment
- Anatomy and physiology
- Undergraduate pharmacology
- Community nursing
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse licensure at time of application or licensure must be obtained by July 1st of the program start year. Practice as a RN is encouraged but not required.
- Fulfillment of the technical standards
- Non-Nebraska Residents meet State Authorization
Program Application Process
To be considered for admission the following items must be submitted to the Admissions Office prior to the application date:
- NursingCAS Application
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Written statement
- Official college transcripts from graduating institutions and official transcripts confirming completion of the required undergraduate courses
- Interview with two NMC nursing faculty members using a standardized interview process and scoring method
For More Information Contact:
Recruitment & Admissions Coordinator