APRN to DNP Admissions
|Starting Term||Application Deadline|
|Currently Accepting Applications|
Program Admissions Criteria
Applicants are evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Minimum of a master's degree in nursing (MSN) from a program accredited by CCNE, ACEN, NLNAC or NLN CNEA.
- Current certification (or eligible for certification) as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN). This may include Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Anesthetist or Certified Midwife.
- A grade point average (GPA) greater than or equal to 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in MSN program.
- Completion of the following graduate level coursework:
- Nursing theory
- Role of the Advanced Practice Nurse
- Advanced pharmacology
- Advanced pathophysiology
- Advanced health assessment
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse licensure at time of application. Practice as an APRN is encouraged but not required.
- Fulfillment of the technical standards
- Non-Nebraska Residents meet State Authorization
- No GRE required for admission
Program Application Process
To be considered for admission the following items must be submitted to the Admissions Office prior to the application deadline:
- NursingCAS Application
- Current unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse at the time of applying
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Written statement
- Official college transcripts from graduating institutions and official transcripts confirming completion of the required graduate courses
- Interview with two NMC nursing faculty members using a standardized interview process and scoring method
For More Information Contact:
Recruitment & Admissions Coordinator