Public Health Policy, EdD
Healthcare Leaders Who Make a Difference
The Doctor of Education, with a focus on Public Health Policy, will develop leaders who can influence change through population and public health initiatives and health policy. This program will enhance your skillset to be the change agent that positively influences public health, program development and higher education at a systems level.
The EdD in Public Health Policy is a study into leadership and program planning to address public health issues and population health issues. Combining public health and health policy together, the curriculum focuses on translating research and evidence-based practice in communities. It will provide graduates with the skill set to advocate in a policy arena at local, state, regional or national level.
With its unique scholarly capstone practice project and accelerated program length, the EdD program at Nebraska Methodist College is the preferred choice for professionals who want to become effective community and educational leaders while completing their studies in a reasonable timeframe.
- No dissertation required - the arduous dissertation process has been streamlined into the widely accepted scholarly capstone practice project, where the student demonstrates effective application of the program's theories and concepts to address an education or practice issue through translational research.
- Institutional healthcare focus provides expertise that allows graduates to work as leaders in both academic and health related settings.
- Taught by faculty members with considerable experience in their fields.
- Flexible online format allows you to advance your educational goals while balancing personal and professional responsibilities.
- Program is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Program completed in 24 months at full-time study.
- No clinical hours required.
Potential career paths for those with an EdD in Public Health Policy include:
- Higher education
- Public health education or program specialists
- Operations management or executive directors of public health non-profits
- Health system leaders in population health initiatives
- Health policy advisor
- Public Health Consultants