PTA Mission, Goals & Objectives
NMC Mission Statement
As a health professions institution, Nebraska Methodist College provides educational experiences for the development of individuals in order that they may positively influence the health and well-being of the community.
PTA Mission Statement
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program provides educational experiences in a learner-centered environment to develop competent physical therapist assistants who are prepared for entry-level employment. Our graduates enter the workforce as educated citizens dedicated to meeting the diverse needs of the individuals and communities that they serve.
The philosophy of the Associate Degree Program for the Physical Therapist Assistant is reflective of the values and beliefs from which the NMC Mission and Core Values were formulated. The NMC Physical Therapist Assistant Program is dedicated to providing dynamic, high quality, integrative learning opportunities utilizing educational technology, didactic, laboratory and clinical experiences. The foundation for the education of the PTA students is based on criteria and performance expectations set forth by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE). The PTA program promotes opportunities for lifelong intellectual, professional, career and personal development.
The Goals of the Physical Therapist Assistant Program are to:
- Develop competent physical therapist assistants who are prepared for entry level employment, prepared to pass the national certification exam, and prepared to uphold professional ideals.
- Develop an educated citizen with skills as Reflective Individual, Effective Communicator and Change Agent.
Graduates of the Physical Therapist Assistant Program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role and scope of practice of the physical therapist assistant.
- Explain and demonstrate the use of all modalities as practiced by the physical therapist assistant.
- Demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skills when interacting with colleagues, patients and peers.
- Implement treatment planning techniques under the supervision of a Physical Therapist.
- Be sensitive to cultural, ethnic, gender and life style differences among patient populations.
- Respect patient confidentiality at all times.