Cardiovascular Sonography Overview
- This Associate of Science degree in sonography is a two year program.
- Students are able to sit for adult echocardiography and vascular technology examinations administered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- In addition to student-focused instruction and laboratory learning experiences, students gain hands-on experience through supervised clinical training at hospitals and clinics throughout the greater Omaha area.
Cardiovascular Sonographer Job Outlook & Salary
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, cardiovascular technologist jobs will have a faster than average growth rate of 44 percent from 2010 to 2020. Salary ranges vary by state. The median salary listed for the cardiovascular technologist position in 2010 was $ 64,380.
To learn more about the field of echocardiography, please visit the websites below:
- American Society of Echocardiography
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Society for Vascular Ultrasound
The Cardiovascular Sonography program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation for Advanced Cardiovascular Sonography. Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756, 727-210-2350. www.caahep.org