It is your responsibility to understand the duties, responsibilities, skills and abilities required of your chosen program/profession. In addition to the technical standards as described below, please review the information. Certain capabilities are required for the successful practice The student must:
- Be able to walk, stand and sit for periods of time, as well as stoop, bend, lift and carry.
- Have manual dexterity, good motor skills, and eye-hand coordination.
- Possess visual acuity, sufficient to allow for differentiation of colors, reading pre-printed labels and requisitions, and identifying patients.
- Possess verbal, nonverbal, and auditory skills adequate for transmitting and receiving information from patient and hospital personnel. The student must read, write, speak, and comprehend English with sufficient skill to communicate.
- Be aware at all times of tasks being performed, and alert to the well-being of the patient.
- Exhibit behavioral and social skills that are acceptable to the college and clinical setting.
- Dispose of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, and policies.
- Organize or clean blood-drawing trays, ensuring that all instruments are sterile and all needles, syringes, or related items are of first-time use.
- Draw blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods
- Match laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes.
- Dispose of blood or other biohazard fluids or tissue, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies
Applications will be reviewed once all criteria has been met. This includes the online application with application fee, written statement, and official transcripts from high school and any colleges attended. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Selected students will be contacted by email.
Please email your official transcript(s) to email@example.com or mail to the following address exactly as listed:
To apply, the following items must be submitted to the Admissions Office:
- Written statement
- Official high school transcript
- Official GED test scores, if applicable
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended