This innovative course, developed in partnership with experts at Nebraska Methodist Hospital, will prepare you to work in a hospital by building on your current CNA skillset. It will provide you increased opportunities to work in acute care and make you highly sought after in the job market!
You will learn and experience what CNAs do in hospitals
- Daily routines and workflows
- How to use special equipment such as an antifriction device, slide board and mechanical lifts
- Importance of vital signs and how to recognize and report critical vital signs
- Preventing hospital acquired infections and the use of PPE
- Promoting staff and patient safety
- Supporting patient nutrition and dietary needs
- Drains, tubes, and much more!