Occupational Therapy Application Writing Prompts
The purpose of the following essay questions is for the application team at Nebraska Methodist College to learn more about you as a student, what your motivation is to become an OT, your understanding of the profession, and overall writing capabilities. Your answers to these questions must be submitted through the OTCAS Application System.
Answers to each question must be one page in length, for a total of four pages. If you use any references in the following answers, it is expected that you follow APA formatting guidelines.
Also know that instances of plagiarism within an applicant's written statement will disqualify them for acceptance to Nebraska Methodist College due to the College's commitment to academic integrity and stringent plagiarism policies.
- Describe your personal experience and/or research regarding occupational therapy. What motivates you to pursue this profession?
- Describe one of your most valued occupations. Does this occupation help you in your pursuit of professional education, or is it a hindrance?
- Describe what you believe would be your contribution to the mission of the OT program at Nebraska Methodist College.
- What do you anticipate is different about graduate school versus undergraduate? What will you do to prepare yourself for this?
- Please address any grades of D's or F's listed on your transcripts. Also, please address withdrawals or other discrepancies on your transcripts. If you do not have any D's, F's or W's, please respond: "Not Applicable."