Students who participate in any clinical or fieldwork experiences are required to verify that they are drug free in order to meet the requirements of the agencies providing students with fieldwork/clinical experiences. Drug testing will be done through the Nebraska Methodist College (NMC) Campus Health Center. A drug screen is to be completed at NMC no more than 45 days prior to a student's first clinical courses.
What to Bring:
Parental Consent Form (if under age 19)
What to Expect:
Please read the following information carefully and ask any questions you may have prior to providing the specimen. All testing is done in accordance with Federal DOT (Department of Transportation) regulations for drug testing.
1. Prior to the drug screen, you will be asked to sign a consent form and show PHOTO IDENTIFICATION. If you are under the age of 19, we will need parental consent to perform the drug screen. This can be done on the attached form or by phone.
2. You will be asked to leave any outer garments and any personal belongings such as a purse, backpack, wallet, or keys in a designated area.
3. You will be asked to wash your hands. You will be given a container and instructions on the amount of urine necessary for testing.
- You are required to provide at least 45 ml of urine in the collection cup.
- If you are unable to provide a sufficient sample, the collector will note the time on the CCF.
- The collector will give you a new collection cup each time you are unable to provide a sufficient sample.
- If you are unable to provide a sufficient sample, you will be urged to drink up to 40 ounces of fluid. It can be distributed reasonably through a period of up to 2 hours or until you can provide a new specimen, whichever occurs first.
- If, after 2 hours, you are unable to provide a sufficient sample, you will be scheduled for an appointment within 24 hours if possible.
4. Return the sample to the collector.
5. The collector will verify that the specimen ID numbers match the CCF and tamper evident seals. The collector will then place the seals on the bottles and date them.
6. You will initial the seals on both bottles. You may then wash your hands.Finally, you will complete Step 4 on the CCF certifying that the collection was done properly. The collector will finish the paperwork and give you the Donor's Copy of the CCF.
How to Schedule Your Drug Screen:
Students will be contacted via e-mail regarding scheduling of their drug screen through the Campus Health Web Portal.
If a student is under the age of 19, we are required to obtain parental consent. Download the Student Drug Screening Consent Form (under age 19 only) (PDF File).