How do I find what continuing education offerings are available?

The best place to find all the offerings available is on our web page. Click course catalog to see a complete listing of continuing education offerings or calendar to see offerings by date.

How do I register for a class?

Registering for an offering is easy. The course catalog and homepage provide a link to the registration area. If you do not already have an account set up, you will be prompted to do so, but it is a quick process that will save that information so you don't have to enter it again each time you sign up for an offering.  Then just add the offerings you want to your shopping cart and check out. Simple as that!

View detailed instructions and screen shots PDF here.

Can I just call and register over the phone?

Our system is designed to give you more control over your educational activities, such as viewing upcoming classes you are registered for, seeing a transcript of offerings previously attended, and more. In order to provide these services, registration through the website is required, so we are no longer accepting phone registrations.

What if I need to cancel my registration?

We realize that things can come up that require you to cancel your registration. Good news! We have made it easier to do that. Just log in to your account on our web page and you can send a cancellation request.


Who do I call if I have questions about a class?

As you are looking at specific programs, you will find an inquiry button that provides a place to email your question to those working on that specific event. Also, you can also always contact the Professional Development Department via email at PD@methodistcollege.edu or by calling 402-354-7100.

What if I need to leave a class early? Can I still get my continuing education credit?

We recognize that sometimes circumstances arise that might prevent you from attending an entire event. You are welcome to attend as much of the event as possible. However, Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development adheres to the rules of the NNA and other credentialing bodies and does not award partial credit for its offerings. You can attend only part of the event, but for that event, our records would indicate that you were there and no credit was awarded.

How do I get a copy of my transcript?

To see the CE programs you have taken since June 30, 2012, just log into your account on the Professional Development page, where you can view and print a list of previous programs you have attended.

To obtain a transcript of the continuing education programs you attended from before June 30, 2012, click here  to submit a request  for a copy from the Registrar's Office.

Who do I talk to about payment questions?

The staff in the Nebraska Methodist College Business office is happy to assist you with any questions regarding payments. You can call 402-354-7105 or email NMCbusoff@methodistcollege.edu .

What is your refund policy?

Nebraska Methodist College (NMC) Professional Development is fully committed to accurately advertising all educational activities and honor all registrations made in good faith. In the event of either a canceled participant registration or an educational activity cancellation, NMC Professional Development will strive to provide the participants an equitable solution.

    1)    Registration cancellation:

      a)    Unless a special refund policy is stated for a particular course, a full refund will be given upon notification by telephone         (402-354-7100), e-mail (pd@methodistcollege.edu), or by submitting a drop request from your registration account, no later than the course start date/time.

      b)    A one-time course transfer is permitted in lieu of a refund.  Transfers must be made by the course start date/time. 

      c)    If you do not attend a course and do not notify Professional Development using the guidelines listed above, NMC will retain all course fees.

      d)    Transferring the registration to another person may occur without charge or penalty.

        2)    Online courses may be canceled with a full refund if course is dropped by the course start date. No refunds will be processed after a student has logged into the online course.

        3)    CNA/CMA cancellation/change policy:

        A drop request must be made over the phone or in writing three business days prior to course start date in order to obtain a refund of 100%. A late cancellation fee of $200 will be assessed to individuals cancelling a course less than three business dates prior to the course start date.

        CNA students may receive a 50% tuition refund up to the second class meeting. After the third class meeting, no refunds will be given.

        CMA students will not receive a refund after the start of the first class meeting.

        Non-participation is not considered a drop request and does not relieve the student from the obligation to pay for the course.  

        If you are unable to continue your course and you have received approval from the Director of Professional Education, you may join a subsequent course if seats are available within 3 months of your course start date.

        Only one change request will be made per student at no charge. A non-refundable change fee of $100 will be assessed for each additional change request.  Students are not able to extend tuition beyond one calendar year. If the student has not successfully completed the course prior to the end of the calendar year, all tuition paid will be forfeited.

        If a student is not able to successfully complete the course, the student will be allowed to join the next available course to complete his/her coursework. If the student is not able to complete at this time, he/she will need to re-enroll and be required to pay full tuition. 

          4)   Educational Activity Cancellation:

            a)    A full refund will be given if a course is canceled by NMC. 

            b)    For cancellations related to weather or other emergencies, information will be available by calling (402) 354-2222, (402) 354-7100 or (800) 793-3965.

            5)   Cancellation information, refund process, and instructions are provided on the Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development website.

            6)   In the event that a scheduled speaker is unable to present, an equally qualified presenter may be substituted.

            How do I know if a program is cancelled due to a weather or other emergency?

            For cancellations due to weather or other emergencies, call our weather line at (402) 354-7133 (recorded message only). If a program is canceled, attempts will be made to notify participants as soon as possible from when the decision is made. A full refund will be given.

            What if I have some special needs related to attending an educational activity?

            We will work to meet your specific accommodation needs to the extent possible. For those with hearing, vision, mobility, dietary, or other special needs, call us at (402) 354-7100 or email pd@methodistcollege.edu at least 10 days prior to the start of a class or program.

            How do I know which offerings are peer-reviewed?

            Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Nebraska Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.

            Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development is also an accredited provider of continuing nursing education by the Iowa Board of Nursing.

            As an approved provider, the continuing educations credits we provide are peer-reviewed hours.

            The rules regarding the number of hours of continuing education credit as well as requirements for peer reviewed versus non-peer reviewed hours varies by discipline and by state. Each professional is accountable to understand his or her accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board. Each is awarded continuing education credits based on program content and relevance to specific clinical practice. See individual program information for discipline specific credit information.

            Can I use BLS (CPR) or ACLS towards my licensure requirements?

            The answer varies a lot depending on your profession and your state regulations. The best source of information is your state or national regulatory board. For your convenience, we have links to some helpful sites under our resources section.

            How do I request an educational offering on a specific topic?

            The easiest way to request a continuing education activity on a specific topic is to use the request form on our website. Click subscribe to access the form. We look forward to hearing from you!

            How do I obtain a replacement card for CPS/BLS, PALS or ACLS?

            For any courses completed after June 30, 2012, you can log in to Higher Reach 24/7 and view or print your transcript. A replacement card can be obtained for a $5.00 fee. Please call 402-354-7100 or e-mail PD@methodistcollege.edu to request a replacement card. Please allow up to 3 business days to receive your replacement.

            How do I obtain a CPR/BLS, PALS, or ACLS Book for an upcoming class?


            Beginning January 1, 2013 NMHS employees and NMC students will have the option of purchasing a textbook (good for five years), or checking out a text from Professional Development. Call 402-354-7100 to schedule a pick up location and time.

            External participants will be offered the option to purchase a textbook or obtain their own copy. 

            How do I subscribe for e-mail flyers?

            Subscribing is easy and allows you to select exactly what type of mailings you get from Professional Development.  Fill out the subscribe form on our webpage and select your profession and categories of interest. You will begin receiving flyers to the e-mail address you provide.

            How do I unsubscribe from receiving e-mail fliers?

            If you have previously subscribed for our e-mail fliers and wish to discontinue delivery, please click "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the e-mail that you received. This will automatically remove you from all lists. If you have questions, please contact pd@methodistcollege.edu.

            How do I update my selections to receive different fliers than I am currently getting?

            You can update your selections anytime by filling out the subscribe form.

            Why am I no longer receiving program fliers via e-mail?

            In order to provide a more customer focused experience, we have targeted our e-mail campaigns to those individuals who have expressed interest in specific categories. If you are not receiving our fliers and wish to, please fill out the subscribe form.