Nurse Educator Certificate
Develop Your Expertise With a Nurse Educator Certificate—and Do it Online.
Nursing itself is a rewarding career - and teaching others how to become a nurse can be even more gratifying.
Nurse Educators impart valuable skills and knowledge based on their education and experience.
Nurse Educator Certificate Information
- This is a certificate that can be completed online in 9 months.
- It's a great option for working RNs with an MSN degree who have a passion for both teaching and the profession of nursing.
- The curriculum is 14 credit hours. Among the topics covered are curricular design, instructional and teaching modalities and practicum.
- Courses are five weeks long, with one week off before the start of another course.
- Students can access courses at any time of the day and from anywhere with Internet access.
Nurse Educator Salary & Job Outlook
Nursing salaries for nurse educators vary widely in the U.S. and are based upon many factors including geography, job description, specialty and experience. According to O*Net, the median salary in 2014 for Postsecondary Nursing Instructors and Teachers in the United States was $66,100 per year, while the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a much faster than average job growth of 19 percent between 2014 and 2024.
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- National League For Nursing (NLN)
- Listing of National & International Nursing Organizations
The master's degree in nursing at Nebraska Methodist College is accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation