Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP)
Academic Quality Improvement Program
The Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) infuses the principles and benefits of continuous improvement into the culture of colleges and universities by providing an alternative process through which an already-accredited institution can maintain its accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission. With AQIP, NMC demonstrates it meets accreditation standards and expectations through sequences of events that align with those ongoing activities that characterize organizations striving to improve their performance.
Nebraska Methodist College has been an AQIP institution since 2001.
AQIP Systems Portfolio
Every AQIP organization creates and maintains an up-to-date Systems Portfolio describing key systems and processes the organization uses to achieve its goals and the performance results it obtains from them. NMC submitted its first Systems Portfolio in 2006. Full revisions were completed in 2010 and 2014. You may download the most recent version (2014) at the bottom of this page.
AQIP Action Projects
For AQIP, the knowledge that institutions are working on a series of concrete improvement projects provides minimal evidence that quality improvement is alive at the institution. For this reason, AQIP asks institutions to always have underway and share with AQIP at least three Action Projects.
NMC Action Projects
- Create a Center for Teaching Innovation
- Establish a Comprehensive Student-Centered Learning Outcome Assessment Process
- Establish Best Practices to Strengthen Student Retention
- Culture of Caring and Recognition
- Student Interdisciplinary Interactions Through Unfolding Healthcare Scenarios
- Development of AIDET Skills for Students
- Develop External Grant Funding Framework
- Apply for Carnegie Elective Community Engagement Classification
- Military Friendly Campus
- Development of a Campus Intranet Portal and Document Repository
- Designing a Leadership Forum Committee
- Transparency of Reporting on College Website
- Enhance and Foster a Culture of Service Excellence
- Implementation of Learning Commons
- Establishing Institutional Benchmarks and Related Performance Metrics for NMC
- Team Based Learning
- Using an Employee Engagement Measure to Foster a Culture of Engagement
- Develop and Implement an On-going, Campus Wide Green Initiative
- Nebraska Methodist Upward Bound (NMCUB)
- Continuity of Operations
- Collaborative Skill Building of College Personnel
- Comprehensive Assessment Plan for the Core Curriculum
- Assessment, Intervention, and Retention Project