Health and Wellness Master's Degree Overview
Turn Your Passion For Wellness Into a Career
Reactionary care is a thing of the past. The new healthcare model relies on prevention, with health insurers and employers alike recognizing that the most efficient system is one that keeps people out the hospital in the first place.
That's where you come in. With a Master of Science in Wellness and Health Promotion Management, you'll create, manage and assess wellness initiatives in corporate, community and clinical settings.
NMC has served as an educational leader in wellness and health promotion for more than 20 years. As a healthcare institution, we understand the importance of producing results-oriented health promotion programs and services.
Concentrations Offer In-Demand Knowledge
- Worksite & Community Wellness — Complete four WellCert professional certifications, incorporated through a partnership with the Chapman Institute. These industry-leading certifications include:
- Certified Wellness Program Coordinator (CWPC)
- Certified Wellness Program Manager (CWPM)
- Certified Wellness Program Director (CWPD)
- Certified Worksite Wellness Program Consultant (CWWPC)
- Medical Fitness Management — This track's courses will prepare you to sit for the Fitness Facility Director Certification exam offered by the Medical Fitness Association. (NMC is currently the only graduate program in the country to offer this opportunity.)
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary for Health Educators in May 2020 was $56,500, while projected job growth is expected to be 13% between 2019 and 2029, faster than the average across all occupations.