Healthcare Leadership Professional Certificate
Check back soon for course dates!
Learn How to Be an Effective Leader in Healthcare
Our Healthcare Leadership professional certificate series will prepare you to succeed as a leader in the healthcare industry, whether you are a new supervisor or want to sharpen your existing management skills.
This 10-week series not only will introduce you to expert concepts and topics essential to leading employees in the continually changing healthcare environment, but also allow for evaluation of your own leadership style and how to use it effectively.
Our Healthcare Leadership certificate faculty are highly experienced and credentialed in their own fields, giving you constant real-world insight you can use. While any instructor can recite from a textbook, ours go a step further and draw from vast personal experience. Instructors here care as deeply about their students as they do the subject matter, and it shows.
Upon completion, students will be able to effectively apply concepts related to employee productively, develop strategies for improving individual performance and much, much more.
- The course is targeted toward those already in or planning to move into a supervisory or leadership position.
- Space is limited to 24 participants per cohort.
- Each class includes lecture, group discussion and individual and group activities and exercises to maximize learning.
- The series will focus on a different topic essential to healthcare leaders each week.
- Concepts from LEAN, Studer and other proven philosophies and frameworks will be utilized.
Healthcare Leadership certificate students will be evaluated on their abilities to:
- Objectively evaluate class topics
- Participate in class and properly apply exercise concepts
- Evaluate personal strengths and weaknesses related to class material Students who successfully complete all of the components of the series will be issued a professional certification of completion.
What Others Are Saying
"Matt Shaw was an excellent instructor. Very engaging, his presentations were clear and focused. He encouraged group participation and discussion which I think we all appreciated. He also provided us many examples of tools such as knowledge identification, competency profiles, time management assessments and succession planning development. I have used one of the tools and implemented a change in staffing because of the outcome."
- Jeanne Rice, Team Leader, Diabetes, Wound, PM & R Hospital Based Clinics
"Whether you are a new or an emerging leader in this industry, the Healthcare Leadership Certificate Program can provide you with a comprehensive approach for advancing your leadership knowledge and skills. The leadership and management models and theories, combined with class discussion and exercises, has given me more insight on my own strength and weakness, and new information that will help develop my leadership skills to face our many challenges in healthcare."
- Jan Morgan, MSN, RN, CCRN-K, BSRT, Service Executive~ ACE, Ortho/Neuro, Med/Surg, Inpatient Wound Care at Nebraska Methodist Hospital