Transfer FAQ

We understand the transferring process can be complicated at times. Please click on the FAQs below to help you understand it better. If you still have questions, contact the Admissions office at (402) 354-7200 or

Do my transfer credits from previous schools "expire"?

Courses older than five years will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis for transferability. To maximize the chance of student success in any program, the College recommends that a student retake any course older than five years regardless of whether or not the course is transferable.

How do I learn what courses and credits will transfer to NMC?

Nebraska Methodist College may accept credit for courses taken from any educational institution provided that it is accredited by a regional accrediting body and, where applicable; the program is approved by the state and is accredited by professional organizations. NMC has articulation agreements, formal agreements between institutions to provide guidance to students regarding transfer of credit, with a number of regional institutions. Visit the Articulation Agreements page for more information.

How are my grades transferred from my previous school?

Courses will only if a grade of "C-" or better is achieved at the certificate and undergraduate levels and a grade of "B" or better at the graduate level. Grades earned in transfer courses will not be used in determining the student's cumulative grade point average, unless the student has already matriculated and has been given permission to enroll at another institution.  All courses accepted for transfer will be noted on the transcript. Such transfer courses will be included in the total number of hours passed.

What is an articulation agreement?

Articulation agreements are formal agreements between institutions to provide guidance to students regarding transfer of credit.  NMC has several agreements with regional institutions.

Where do I send my transcripts?

You can have your official transcripts mailed to:

Nebraska Methodist College Admissions
720 N. 87th Street
Omaha, NE 68114

Who do I contact if I have questions about credits transfered from my previous school?

If the student has a question about any course(s) not being recognized for transfer, such questions are to be directed, in writing, to the Registrar within 30 days of receipt of official transferred courses.
  • Undergraduate Students: No course with a grade below "C-"is considered for transfer of undergraduate credit.
  • Graduate Students: No course with a grade below "B" or 3.0 is considered for transfer of graduate credit.

After I am admitted, what information do I need to know?

All new students are encouraged to particiapte in a variety of activities. Depending on the program, students are also required to complete a number of pre-admissions test and paperwork. More information can be found out the New Students page.