Health Promotion Management, MS
Do you have a passion for health and wellness and want to advance your career?
Now more than ever employers recognize the benefits that workplace wellness brings to their employees and their bottom line - which means there is a high demand for experts in health promotion management. Our online degree fomat is a great way for busy professionals to prepare for this high-growth career.
Whether your background is marketing, exercise science, human resources or some other health-related field, the Health Promotion Management master's degree is key to advancing your skills and career.
Our program integrates the art of wellness with the science of business change management. Graduates are prepared to be leaders and managers with the advanced financial, organizational, management and communication skills needed to assess, institute and improve organizational wellness.
NMC students who earn a degree in health promotion management learn how to assess wellness situations in any environment. They can implement programs, demonstrate to management measurable and beneficial changes in employee wellness to have a direct impact on an organization's bottom line.
Health Promotion Management Degree Info
- The Health Promotion Management master's degree is offered in a flexible online format that can be completed in 16 months.
- Taught by faculty members with considerable experience in their fields, the program requires 33 credit hours for completion.
- Courses are five weeks long, with one week off before the start of another course.
- Students can access courses at any time of day and from anywhere with Internet access.
- This format is designed as a win-win: advance your educational goals while balancing your personal and professional responsibilities.
Health Promotion Salary & Job Outlook
In terms of health promotion salary, an article reported in the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) that Wellness Program Managers earned a median total cash compensation of $79,400 in 2010. The job outlook for Health Educators (the federal government term for people who promote wellness programs including the workplace) according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics is expected to be much faster than average of 37 percent until the year 2020.
Health Promotion Professional Organizations
- Workplace Wellness Blog
- International Association for Worksite Health Promotion
- Wellness Council of America
To be successful with your online courses, you should have a basic understanding of computers and the internet. Read more about the minimum knowledge and hardware requisites on our Online Technology Requirements page.