Academic Program Administration and Leadership, MS
Develop effective leadership needed in higher education today.
Higher education is changing. Teaching advancements, shifting student demographics, assessment needs, and accreditation requirements are a few of the issues faced by an academic leader.
This 16-month online program is designed for busy professionals who have a passion for their discipline and wish to advance their career. Individuals who are in (or aspire to) an administrative position in healthcare education (clinical coordinator, program director, dean, senior administrator) will find this program beneficial to their professional advancement and personal growth.
Students will explore excellence in leadership, trends in higher education, and the complexities of being an administrator. The curriculum provides the knowledge and skills needed to work as an educator and academic administrator in many different settings such as a college or university, hospital, or community agency.
Supportive. Challenging. Transformative.
With an online Master of Science in Academic Program Administration and Leadership from NMC, you'll develop the knowledge and capabilities to become a leader in higher education. Coursework will focus on:
- educational theories and methodology
- curriculum design
- course and program assessment
- budgeting and financial management
- human resources management for higher education
- academic administration
- issues and trends in higher education
- healthcare education challenges
- leadership theories and application
- instructional design
- external funding and grant writing
- 5-week online courses; 16-month program
- Designed specifically for working professionals
- Practical and applicable curriculum focused on the unique nature of healthcare education and the need to manage clinical resources, maintain compliance with agency requirements, program accreditation standards, higher education accreditation, and disciplinary practice standards
- Opportunities to meet, learn from, and network with leaders and professionals from around the country
- Group learning with professionals from different healthcare disciplines
- Develop a professional portfolio that provides evidence of personal and professional growth
Educational Administration Salary and Job Outlook
The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates the U. S. median salary in May 2012 for Post Secondary Educational Administrators was $86,490 per year, with a faster than average projected job growth until 2022 of 15 percent. Post-secondary administration salary ranges will vary by discipline, experience, education, level of responsibilities, location and many other variables.
To be successful with your online courses, you should have a basic understanding of computers and the internet. Read more about the minimum knowledge and hardware requisites on our Online Technology Requirements page.