DNP, APRN-NP, NP-C
- Phone: (402) 354-7051
- 720 N. 87th Street
- Riley Leinart Center, Office 1062
- Omaha, NE 68114
BS in Biology from North Park University
BSN from Rush University College of Nursing
MSN from Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing at Case Western Reserve University
DNP from Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing at Case Western Reserve University
Hilary is a board certified Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner and licensed as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse-Nurse Practitioner in Nebraska and Ohio. Hilary has experience in critical care, organ donation and transplantation, and palliative care. In addition to teaching, she works part time as a nurse practitioner with an inpatient palliative care consult team at a hospital in Omaha, NE.
- Applequist, H. and Giedt, E. (2006). Organ Donation: Autonomy and Beneficence: The Case of Mr. P, JONA Healthcare, Law, Ethics and Regulation Journal, 8 (2), 37-38.
- Applequist, H., & Daly, B. J. (2015). Palliation: A Concept Analysis. Research and Theory for Nursing Practice, 29(4), 297-305. https://doi.org/10.1891/1541-65220.127.116.117
- Applequist, H., Daly, B. J., Koniaris, C., & Musil, C. M. (2017). An Assessment of the Use, Perceived Benefits, and Outcomes of Ketamine in Sickle Cell Vaso-Occlusive Crisis in the United States. Journal of Hospice & Palliative Nursing, 19(1), 75-81. https://doi.org/10.1097/NJH.0000000000000311
Professional Service/Recognition/Charitable Boards
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Gamma Phi Chapter (2003-present).
- Served on the Board of Nominations for the Evangelical Covenant Church of America from 6/09-6/14 and as chairperson for the last two years of her term.
- Member of the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA) and served as Secretary, Northcoast Chapter of HPNA from 2011-2014.
- Member of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (2013-present).
- Co-secretary of system wide APRN Council, University Hospitals of Cleveland (1/16-7/16).
- Member of the Nebraska Nurse Practitioners (8/17-present).