Health Promotion Management, MS Overview
Health Promotion Management Degree Info
- The Health Promotion Management master's degree is offered in a flexible online format that can be completed in 16 months.
- Taught by faculty members with considerable experience in their fields, the program requires 33 credit hours for completion.
- Courses are five weeks long, with one week off before the start of another course.
- Students can access courses at any time of day and from anywhere with Internet access.
- This format is designed as a win-win: advance your educational goals while balancing your personal and professional responsibilities.
Health Promotion Salary & Job Outlook
In terms of health promotion salary, an article reported in the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) that Wellness Program Managers earned a median total cash compensation of $79,400 in 2010. The job outlook for Health Educators (the federal government term for people who promote wellness programs including the workplace) according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics is expected to be much faster than average of 37 percent until the year 2020.
Health Promotion Professional Organizations
- Workplace Wellness Blog
- International Association for Worksite Health Promotion
- Wellness Council of America
To be successful with your online courses, you should have a basic understanding of computers and the internet. Read more about the minimum knowledge and hardware requisites on our Online Technology Requirements page.