Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
Population Healthcare - With You Leading the Way
Introducing the Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist track from Nebraska Methodist College. Earn your Doctor of Nursing Practice with us in just three years.
The Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) option prepares you to become an evidence-based and theory-guided advanced practice nurse, capable of facilitating quality systemic and patient care. Successful graduates will become expert clinicians, able to work in a variety of practice settings to provide community, acute, critical and end-of-life care.
As a clinical nurse specialist with a certification in Adult Gerontology, you'll be uniquely qualified to help people across the spectrum of the post-adolescent lifecycle. The DNP degree emphasizes a commitment to population health awareness and care improvement, with graduates able to lead teams of healthcare professionals, practice collaboratively and apply advanced concepts in a variety of healthcare settings.
The BSN to DNP program requires a nurse to complete a total of 75 credit hours. Of these, 57 credit hours can be obtained via synchronous and asynchronous online learning and 18 credit hours (1,080 contact hours) are devoted to clinical practice. Clinical practice requirements are completed in a preceptor experience.
A full-time student in the DNP program can graduate in 36 months; a part-time student can finish in four to five years.
- Curriculum integrates scientific knowledge within the three spheres of CNS practice: patient, staff and organization-wide influence
- Program concludes with the nurse completing an evidence-based capstone project centered on the application and assessment of a healthcare topic in a community or patient practice.
- Our faculty bring broad experiences in advanced clinical practice, leadership and education.
- Graduates will be prepared to coordinate pilot programs that address patient needs at the population level
- Develop skills that allow for the planning and implementation of advanced healthcare methodologies that address systemic deficiencies within specific communities
- Graduates are eligible to sit for Adult Gerontology certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Nurses Association
- Listing of National & International Nursing Organizations
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Nebraska Methodist College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). http://www.ccneaccreditation.org