- EdD, Doctorate in Education, College of Saint Mary, in Omaha.
- MPT, Masters of Physical Therapy, University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC).
- Graduate Certificate of Gerontology, University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO).
- MS, Master of Science in Health Education, University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO).
- BS, Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science, University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO).
- BA, Bachelor of Arts in Natural Science, University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO).
Dr. Natalie Dowty has been providing wellness services and health promotion education to the Omaha community for more than 25 years. She has served as faculty in local college programs for health education, health promotion and allied health education since 1993. Currently, she is the president and founder of Integrative Wellness, Inc., Physical Therapy and Consulting, where she provides mind-body, wellness-based physical therapy for positive aging, chronic disease, chronic pain and cancer rehabilitation. At Integrative Wellness, Inc., Natalie offers consulting in wellness, health promotion and professional enrichment. Natalie's passion for health, wellness and learning continues to be inspired by her patients and students.
- Dowty, N. (2009) (2011). The Journey to Feeling Good Again - How to Manage Fatigue in Koraleski, S., and Ryan, K., A Time To Heal: Participant's Workbook (pp.186-193). A Time to Heal - a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization.
- Dowty, N. & Nebel, A. (unpublished). Top generic abilities, traits and values for assessing professionalism in PTA students. An IRB approved study at Clarkson College, Omaha, NE. IRB# 2010.5.07, June, 2010. Presentation at regional conference.
- Doctoral Dissertation: The Suitability of the Generic Abilities Assessment for Evaluating Professionalism in Physical Therapist Assistant Students - A Phenomenological Study. December 2010.
- Dowty, N. (2000). Replenishment: relaxation and imagery for health. Compact disc recording, HealthPath Productions.
Selected Regional Refereed and Keynote Presentations:
- Journaling Can Save Your Life, Enjoying REALLIFE ® Jump-Start Workshop, Hilton Garden, Omaha, NE, August 2010, January, 2011, April 2011
- Finding Grace in Everyday Places: Cultivating the Creative Spirit, Connection, and Possibility, Solutions Seminars, Omaha, NE, 2007
- Living on Both Sides of the Brain, Solutions Seminars, Omaha, NE, 2007
- The Creative Spirit in Patient Care, Solution Seminars 4th Annual Healthcare Retreat
Day, Omaha, NE, 2004
- The Creative Spirit, Keynote presentation for Women of Spirit conference, Westside
Community Church, Omaha, NE, 2003
- Moving Through the Years: Tai Chi, Yoga and Mind-Body Movement, Women Within: A
Graceful Journey Among Generations Conference, Nebraska Methodist College,
Nebraska City, NE, 2002
- The Essence of Tai Chi: Bridging Wellness and Real Life, Reaching Up: Celebrating
Health and Wellness, Nebraska Methodist College, Nebraska City, NE, 2000
- Pain Management: Mind-Body Medicine for Everyday Living, Reaching Up: Celebrating Health and Wellness, Nebraska Methodist College, Nebraska City, NE, 2000
- The Good Humor Habit: Key to Mind-Body Health, Keynote address, Wellness Council
of the Midlands (WELCOM) Conference, Omaha, NE, 2000
Selected Regional and Local Invited Presentations:
- Use Your Body Better® for Dance: Know Your Core, University of Nebraska, Omaha Moving Company Dance Workshop, Dance Lab, 2015
- Living Well with Hyper-Mobility Disorders, Ehlers Danlos Support Group Meeting, Munroe-Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation, Nebraska Medical Center, 2014
- Use Your Body Better®: from Ergonomics to Exercise, Metropolitan Community College Faculty Wellness Program, Omaha, NE, 2012
- Improving Professionalism in Students and Graduates: Helping Students Help Themselves, Metropolitan Community College Faculty Enrichment Program, Omaha, NE, 2011
- Stress Management for Transition, Creighton University School of Dentistry, Omaha, NE, 2007
- Tai Chi Short Form, University of Nebraska of Omaha, Moving Company, Omaha, NE, June 2006- May 2007
- Real Life Health Strategies for Successful Women, Solution Seminars 5th Annual Healthcare Retreat Day, Omaha, NE, 2005
- Integrated Movement for Health, Metropolitan Community College Faculty Enrichment Program, Omaha, NE, 2005
- Positive Aging, Columbus Community College Women's Wellness Conference, Columbus, NE, 2005
- Use Your Body Better®: Integrated Movement for Health and Disease Prevention, Solution Seminars Holistic Health Retreat Day, Omaha, NE, 2004
- Mind-Body Wellness, Metropolitan Community College Faculty Enrichment Program, Omaha, NE, 2004
- Living an Life Full of Energy, Columbus College of Continuing Education Women's Conference, Columbus NE, 2004
- Realistic Exercise- Just Do It! Metropolitan Community College Faculty Enrichment Program, Omaha, NE, 2004
- The Creative Spirit in the Workplace, Metropolitan Community College Continuing Education Faculty Retreat, Omaha, NE, 2003
- Better Breathing, Metropolitan Community College Faculty Enrichment Program, Omaha, NE, 2003
- Alternative and Complementary Practices in Physical Therapy, Nebraska Methodist Hospital Complementary and Alternative Medicine Physicians' Symposium, Omaha, NE, 2002
- Introduction to the Mind-Body Integration Model and Tai Chi and Mindfulness Practices, Mind-Body Integration: A Model of Pain Management Conference, Nebraska Methodist College of Continuing Education, Omaha, NE, 2001
- Relaxation Techniques for Patients and Clients, Relaxation Techniques for Patients and Clients Conference, Nebraska Methodist College of Continuing Education, Omaha, NE, 2001
- Chronic Pain Management Rehabilitation, Alegent Health System Rehabilitation In-house training for physical therapists, Omaha, NE, 2000