- In progress: Philosophy of Science Degree in Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center Omaha
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center Omaha, May 2013
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center Omaha, May 2011
- Associates Degree in Nursing, Western Iowa Tech Community College, Dec. 2003.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology, Wayne State College May 1999.
October 2013-Present: Nebraska Methodist College, Adjunct Faculty Short Career Course; Instructor, Professional Development beginning January 2018. Variety of duties. Includes teaching CNA courses, Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, RN Refresher, Medication Aide Course and Medical Assisting course.
August 2014-2018: Iowa Western Community College, Nursing Instructor.
Lead instructor for courses including Lifespan 3: pediatric and OB content; Professional Topics 3: Online course with topics including leadership in nursing, ethics, and scope of practice; Health Assessment: Includes classroom and lab components; Pharmacology
August 2004-August 2014: Children's Hospital Endocrine/Diabetes Clinic
Clinical Educator Specialty Pediatric Clinics, beginning November 2013
RN - Assigned as Clinic Coordinator/RN supervisor beginning July, 2007
- Developed and provided education of patients/families to care for diabetic child in one-on-one setting and in classroom setting.
- Nationally certified as a diabetes educator from 2006-2011.
- Education of care for a variety of endocrine/diabetes disorders including giving injections and care for chronic illness
- Administration of various injections including flu vaccines, hormone injections, insulin injections
- Supervise clinical staff, including nurses, medical assistants, and clerical staff
- Collaborate with leadership team in hiring new staff including nurses, medical assistants, and clerical staff, and develop orientation plan and competencies checklists for staff development.
- Co-chaired committee on medical assistant job qualifications to help identify scope of practice and appropriate delegation opportunities in the clinic.