PhD, DM, MBA, MS
University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
- Doctor of Management in Information Systems and Technology (3/2009)
Fielding Graduate University, Santa Barbara, California
- PhD in Human and Organizational Development (10/2006) · M.A. in Human and Organizational Systems (8/2005)
- Regis University, Denver, Colorado
- MEd in Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment (4/2009) - Using Web 2.0 Technologies in Higher Education
- MS in Nonprofit Management (8/2006) · M.S. in Management (7/2006) - Area of Emphasis: Organizational Leadership: Project Leadership & Management
- MS in Computer Information Technology (5/2003) - Area of Emphasis: Management of Technologies
DeVry University, Chicago, IL
- MS in Educational Technology (12/2008)
University of St. Thomas, Houston, Texas
- MBA Areas of concentration: Finance and Marketing (12/1992)
St. Mary's University, San Antonio, Texas
- BBA, Major: Corporate Financial Management (8/1990)
Dr. Flores has held management and leadership positions in major companies including Shell Oil Company, The Prudential, and USAA. At USAA, he managed the $11.5 million budget for the IT department. He served as a Clinic Administrator for a major gastroenterology practice in Houston. Dr. Flores founded a global IT training and consulting business with operations in Asia and the United States. Dr. Flores has written several books including How to Become a Proficient Online Learner. He has earned two doctorates and seven master's degrees. His professional credentials include PMP®, ITIL® Expert, and Certified Scrum Professional® (CSM). Research interests include Information Technology, Project Management, Global Business, Entrepreneurship, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, and Informatics.
- Ringler, I., Schubert, C., Deem, J., Flores, J., Friestad-Tate, J., and Lockwood, R. Improving the asynchronous online learning environment using discussion boards. I-Manager's Journal of Educational Technology, April-June 2015.
- Flores, J. (2015). Project leadership 101: Drown them in transparency. Scrum Alliance. http://goo.gl/eSSQLY
- Holmes Corporation (2015). The Learning System for PMP Exam Preparation, contributing author. Served as contributing author.
- Flores, J., Rouse, R., and Schuttler, R. (2011). Red, yellow, or green: Which kind of leader are you? Nonprofit World, Volume 29-2.
- Flores, J., and Lao, T. The doctor gave her only one crutch. Small Business Institute 42nd Annual Academic Conference. Corpus Christi Texas, February 14-17, 2018.
- Flores, J., Lao, T., and Gonzalez, M. Steve Jobs said: You've Gotta be a little crazy. Small Business Institute 42nd Annual Academic Conference. Corpus Christi Texas, February 14-17, 2018.
- Colorado State University, Global Campus - Commencement speaker (June 2015).
- San Antonio City South Chamber of Commerce Leadership Academy - Served as Guest Speaker on the topic of Leading Groups and Teams: Secondary / Higher Education (2008).
Professional Service/Recognition/Charitable Boards
Serves in the following ministries at Holy Spirit Catholic Church: Love Strong and Usher.