PhD, MSHP, BS
WHPM Program Coordinator/Associate Professor
- Phone: 402-354-7179
- 720 N. 87th Street
- Omaha, NE 68114
- PhD in Human Sciences with a specialization in Gerontology - UNL
- MS in Health Promotion with an emphasis in Human Resource Management - NMC
- BS in Management of Human Resources - Bellevue University
- HPS - Health Promotion Specialist certificate - NMC
Jeannie is a certified through Wellcoaches as a health & wellness and lifestyle medicine coach. She also holds several certifications through the American College of Sports Medicine including: Health Fitness Director, Exercise Physiologist, Group Exercise Instructor, and Cancer Exercise Trainer.
Jeannie has been in the wellness and health promotion field since 1995 when she wrote a proposal to the president of the company she worked for to start a wellness program. She realized that lifestyle choices played a part in prevention of chronic conditions. She has developed and led award winning (WELCOA Well Workplace) worksite wellness programs on a shoestring budget. In addition, she has experience in community health & wellness developing and managing a medical fitness/whole-person wellness center.
Co-Author: Renewing My Body, Regaining My Strength (physical activity chapter for A Time to Heal - 12 week cancer rehabilitation program)
Svec., C, Thomas, K., Koll, T., Manley, N., Hannan, J., Shafer, H., & Jones, K. A pilot study of a community fall prevention program: What are the outcomes of the FallProof Balance and Mobility Program?
National Wellness Conference presentations include:
- Healing Tails: The Power of Pet Companionship
- Mother/Daughter Relationships After the Effects of Breast Cancer
- Creating an Optimal Wellness Environment among an Online Health Promotion Cohort
- Exercise: The Best Medicine
- Bill Kaiser Light of Wellness Award
- Nebraska Methodist College Alumni Service Award
- Nebraska Methodist College Alumni Development Award
- Catherine Wotherspoon Spirit of Commitment and Excellence Award
- Wellness Council of the Midlands Delegate of the Year