OTD, OTR/L, BCG
Associate Professor, MOT Program
- Phone: 402-354-6869
- 720 N. 87th Street
- Nebraska Methodist College
- Omaha, NE 68114
- BS in Health Sciences- Creighton University
- Doctorate in Occupational Therapy- Creighton University
- Board-Certified Occupational Therapy, NBCOT
- Board-Certified in Gerontology-AOTA
- Certified in Dementia Capable Care
- Certified in Montessori-Based Dementia Programming
Emily Barr OTD, OTR/L, BCG is an associate professor at Nebraska Methodist College and has been with the college for two years. Prior to transitioning into academia, Emily's primary work setting was in skilled nursing and long term care, serving as a staff OT and then as a rehab director. Emily is board certified in gerontology through AOTA and holds several certifications in dementia training and care. Emily currently serves as AOTA's communications coordinator for the productive aging special interest section and with the NOTA board as a district chairperson.
2019 American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference Poster Presentation, titled Examining Practice Competency: Course Design and Effectiveness for Student Level II Fieldwork Preparedness.
2018 Nebraska Women in Higher Education and Leadership Short Course, titled The Challenge of Authentic Leadership: Strategies for Success in Being Your True Self at Work.
2016 Continuing Education Presentation titled, Treatment Approaches for Optimal Outcomes for People with Cognitive Impairment.
Professional Service/Recognition/Charitable Boards
- 2019 Nebraska Occupational Therapy Association Contributor of the Year
- AOTA Communications Coordinator for Productive Aging Special Interest Section
- NOTA District 2 Chairperson
- Pi Theta Epsilon Occupational Therapy Honor Society Faculty Advisor
- QLI Ambassador