Business Office Announces New Payment Policies
- Date: July 29, 2013
- Author: NMC Public Relations
The Business Office at Nebraska Methodist College has announced three new policy changes that will go into effect for the Fall 2013 semester.
- Financial Arrangements for Student Accounts at NMC - ALL enrolled students will be required to have a financial plan in place for each semester by the Friday before the start of classes. Acceptable financial arrangements include:
- FINANIZED financial aid (all documents have been completed, signed and returned to the Financial Aid Department) in excess of your student account balance.
- Billing documents from outside payers (VA, Workforce Development or other state and federal programs)
- A signed pay agreement for your outstanding balance available through the NMC Business Office. Email your request for a pay agreement to NMC Business Office
- If you plan to pay your balance in full by the tuition due date of September 15, 2013 - send an email to the Business Office NMC Business Office from your NMC email account confirming your plan to pay in full by September 15, 2013.
- Financial Statement of Responsibility - ALL enrolled students will be required to have a signed document on file with the Business Office. Please read the Agreement and Disclosure statement governing your student account at NMC, then complete, sign and return your Financial Statement of Responsibility to the NMC Business Office.
- Tuition Refund Policy - the updated tuition refund policies are available through the NMC website. Please familiarize yourself with these policies so you can make an informed decision. It is also crucial that you contact the Financial Aid department to verify that you have earned your disbursed financial aid prior to dropping classes. In cases where students have financial aid, 3rd party payer or outside grants and scholarships, tuition refunds will first be returned as required or regulated by these programs, then to the student. Please see Financial Aid Policy & Procedures for more details.
Since this is NEW for Fall 13, students who do not comply with these policies will be placed on STOP and unable to register for future semesters until in compliance. Beginning with the Spring 14 semester, students who are not in compliance Policies 1 & 2 above will be administratively withdrawn from that semester's classes on the Friday before the first day of classes.
If students or parents have questions, please contact Business Office by phone 402-354-7105 or email NMC Business Office .