The Hemodialysis Patient: What Staff Nurses Need to Know
- Location: Online Format
Nurses who care for hemodialysis patients in acute care settings.
Cost: $10 with promo code 75PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the 2017 health system promo code for a 100% discount.
The purpose of this program is to provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge to care for hemodialysis patients in the acute care setting.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the basic hemodialysis process.
- Discuss patient and access care.
- Discuss pre-treatment patient preparation.
- Identify complications post dialysis treatment.
- Discuss food and fluid restrictions.
In order to receive continuing education credit for this event, you must meet the following completion requirements:
- Completion of online course materials/activities
- Completion/submission of evaluation form
- Achieving passing score on posttest
Resource Information- Click here to view
Kate Malmberg, MSN, RN, Nursing Professor, Undergraduate Nursing at Nebraska Methodist College
1) Register for the online course by clicking on register below.
2) You will receive a registration confirmation e-mail with the link to the online course.
3) Do not log in on mymethodist. Read the course instructions thoroughly and review the content.
4) Take the post test and evaluation. Your certificate will be issued in 5-7 business days to your Professional Development account.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
Nurses: 1.0 contact hours awarded. MW MSD Provider Approval #:NE1019-9
Iowa Board of Nursing Provider # 120
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
1.0 education hours awarded.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.
Register for this Course
Questions or for more information: email@example.com or 402-354-7114.