The Hemodialysis Patient: What Staff Nurses Need to Know
- Location: Online Format
Nurses who care for hemodialysis patients in acute care settings.
Cost: $10 with promo code 75PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the 2014 health system promo code for a 100% discount.
The purpose of this program is to provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge to care for hemodialysis patients in the acute care setting.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the basic hemodialysis process.
- Discuss patient and access care.
- Discuss pre-treatment patient preparation.
- Identify complications post dialysis treatment.
- Discuss food and fluid restrictions.
Resource Information- Click here to view
Kate Malmberg, MSN, RN
1) Register for the online course by clicking on register below.
2) You will receive a registration confirmation e-mail with the link to the online course.
3) Do not log in on mymethodist. Read the course instructions thoroughly and review the content.
4) Take the post test and evaluation. Your certificate will be issued in 5-7 business days to your Professional Development account.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEU's for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
1.0 contact hours awarded
This includes 0 pharmacology hours for Nurse Practitioners
Master Code #: NE13-16C07
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Nebraska Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
1.0 education hours awarded.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education recognizes that accredited status as a provider unit refers only to its continuing education activities and does not imply Iowa State Board of Nursing, Nebraska Nurses Association, Methodist Health System, or any other regulatory body approval or endorsement of any commercial products.