The Basics of ABG’s
- Location: Online Format
Nurses and other healthcare professionals who require a better understanding of arterial blood gasses.
Cost: $12.50 with promo code 75PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the 2016 health system promo code for a 100% discount.
To provide an introductory review of arterial blood gasses and clinical connections for healthcare providers.
Participants will be able to:
- Review basic anatomy and physiology.
- Review of acid, base and buffering systems.
- Describe how the lungs and kidneys regulate acid-base balance.
- Classify and interpret arterial blood gasses.
- Examine basic clinical course of action.
Resource Information- Click here to view
John Jarosz MS, RRT is the Program Director for Nebraska Methodist College Respiratory Program. He also teaches the airway management, ventilator management, clinical discussion and neonatal/pediatrics courses.
1) Register for the online course by clicking on register below.
2) You will receive a registration confirmation e-mail with the link to the online course.
3) Do not log in on mymethodist. Read the course instructions thoroughly and review the content.
4) Take the post test and evaluation. Your certificate will be issued in 5-7 business days.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
1.25 contact hours awarded
MW MSD Provider Approval #: NE13-16C07
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
1.25 education hours.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development recognizes that accredited status as a provider unit refers only to its continuing education activities and does not imply Iowa State Board of Nursing, Nebraska Nurses Association, Methodist Health System, or any other regulatory body approval or endorsement of any commercial products.
Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #120.