Surviving Sepsis Campaign
- Location: Online Format
This course on sepsis identification and treatments is ideal for Nurses, Physicians and other health care providers.
Cost: $10 with promo code 75PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the current year's health system promo code for a 100% discount.
Purpose Statement: This sepsis treatments & identification program will provide information on the early identification of severe sepsis and septic shock as well as the rapid implementation of evidenced based resuscitation elements and management practices needed to reduce sepsis mortality.
Participants will be able to:
- Briefly review pathophysiology of sepsis, severe sepsis and septic shock.
- Describe the process used to incorporate and level evidence in the Surviving Sepsis Campaign.
- Identify the six resuscitation bundle elements included in the Surviving Sepsis Campaign.
- State the initial fluid bolus volume recommended by the Surviving Sepsis campaign for severe sepsis patients with hypotension.
- State the acceptable time interval for antibiotic administration recommended by the Surviving Sepsis Campaign.
- Identify the three management bundle elements included in the Surviving Sepsis Campaign.
- Determine which specific signs and/or symptoms should be included as positive screening criteria for severe sepsis using the Severe Sepsis/ Septic Shock Screening Tool.
- List Initial priority nursing interventions for a patient with suspected severe sepsis or septic shock.
Resource Information- Click here to view
Jackie Thielen, MSN, RN, APRN-NP, is a family nurse practitioner with extensive clinical experience in critical, emergency, and palliative care. She has been instrumental in implementing the Surviving Sepsis Campaign bundle elements at Nebraska Methodist Hospital and in evaluating sepsis outcomes measures. Jackie works as a facilitator for this process and has presented at various seminars on this topic.
1) Register for the online course by clicking on register below.
2) You will receive a registration confirmation e-mail with the link to the online course.
3) Do not log in on mymethodist. Read the course instructions thouroughly and review the content.
4) Take the post test and evaluation. Your certificate will be issued in 5-7 business days.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
Nurses: Nurses: 1.0 contact hours awarded.
MW MSD Provider Approval #: NE13-16C07
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This includes 0 pharmacology hours.
Education Credit: 1.0 Education hours. Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEUs for a continuing education event, participants are required to complete a post test and evaluation.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development recognizes that accredited status as a provider unit refers only to its continuing education activities and does not imply Iowa State Board of Nursing, Nebraska Nurses Association, Methodist Health System, or any other regulatory body approval or endorsement of any commercial products.
Register for this Course
Questions or for more information: email@example.com or 402-354-7107