Preceptor: Nurturing New Employees
- Location: Online Format
Nurses and healthcare professionals who serve as preceptors.
Cost: $24 with promo code 80PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the 2014 health system promo code for a 100% discount.
The purpose of this online education is to provide insight to the responsibilities of being a preceptor, things to consider when communicating with others, and how to help manage conflict and stress.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify common characteristics of preceptors and the primary roles and responsibilities of a preceptor.
- Apply effective techniques when giving and receiving feedback.
- Describe conflict management styles, phases of reality shock and how to manage types of stress.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills when working with different personality types, different learning styles, and generational and cultural differences.
Resource Information- Click here to view
Amy Brasel BSN, RN is the Staff Development Nurse for the Progressive Care Unit at Methodist Hospital.
1) Register for the online course by clicking on register below.
2) You will receive a registration confirmation e-mail with the link to the online course.
3) Do not log in on mymethodist. Read the course instructions thoroughly and review the content.
4) Take the post test and evaluation. Your certificate will be issued in 5-7 business days.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEU's for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
3.0 contact hours awarded
This includes 0 pharmacology hours for Nurse Practitioners
Master Code #: NE13-16C07
Nebraska Methodist CollegeCenter for Professional and Continuing Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Nebraska Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
3.0 education hours.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education recognizes that accredited status as a provider unit refers only to its continuing education activities and does not imply Iowa State Board of Nursing, Nebraska Nurses Association, Methodist Health System, or any other regulatory body approval or endorsement of any commercial products.