NAON Orthopaedic Nursing Review Course
- Date: September 8, 2016
- Time: 8:00 am to 4:45 pm
- Location: Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center Auditorium, 8303 Dodge St, Omaha, NE 68114 Please park in the Visitor Parking Garage (located across from the main hospital) and enter the Cancer Center through the North entrance.
Cost: $105 with promo code: 65PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the 2016 health system promo code for a 100% discount.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for group promo code.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the entire spectrum of orthopaedic nursing. In one full day, you will glean the most important concepts and pearls of wisdom needed to care for a broad range of orthopaedic patients. This course provides an excellent final review for those planning to take the Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Exam or those wanting to enhance their orthopaedic knowledge base.
Participant will be able to:
1. Describe the signs and symptoms, surgical and non-surgical interventions, and nursing plans of care for individuals with degenerative joint disease.
2. Identify nursing plans of care for the orthopaedic patients during the pre-, intra-, and post-operative periods.
3. Discuss signs and symptoms and nursing plans of care for select complications of orthopaedic injuries or surgery.
4. Create appropriate nursing plans of care (surgical and non-surgical) for patients with musculoskeletal tumors.
5. Differentiate the clinical signs and symptoms and nursing plans of care for patients with selected inflammatory disease processes.
6. Compare treatment options and nursing management of metabolic bone disorders.
7. Develop therapeutic nursing interventions for children with pediatric, congenital, and neuromuscular disorders.
8. Describe common traumatic injuries and nursing plans of care for such patients. Determine preventative measures for common sports injuries.
|7:45 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.||Registration & Continental Breakfast|
|8:00 a.m. – 10:25 a.m.||Degenerative Joint Disease and Adult Spine Disorders|
|10:25 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.||Break|
|10:40 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||Orthopaedics in the Operating Room|
|11:00 a.m. – 11:20 a.m.||Oncology: Musculoskeletal Tumors|
|11:20 a.m. – 12:05 p.m.||Metabolic Bone Disorders|
|12:05 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.||Lunch (provided)|
|12:50 p.m. – 1:20 p.m.||Inflammatory Disorders|
|1:20 p.m. – 2:05 p.m.||Pediatric/Congenital/Neuromuscular Disorders|
|2:05 p.m. – 2:20 p.m.||Break|
|2:20 p.m. – 3:20 p.m.||Orthopaedic Trauma|
|3:20 p.m. – 4:20 p.m.||Sports Injuries|
|4:20 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.||Questions/Answers/Evaluations|
Resource Information- Click here to view
Marcia Weis, RN, BSN, MSN, ONC
Marcia is the supervisor for Ortho/Neuro unit at Alegent Creighton Health Mercy Hospital. She has over 20 years of orthopedic nurse experience. Prior to management role she was the program coordinator for the Joint Replacement Center in Council Bluffs Iowa. She is the published author on the topics of continuing passive motion machine and the use of a blood salvage system after total joint replacement surgery. She continues research in the field of Orthopaedics, is the mother of five and Orthopaedic Nurse Certified.
The course is a one day event offering 7.50 nursing contact hours for each participant who attends the entire course.
These contact hours are Category A as designated by the Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Board. The National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses (NAON) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission on Accreditation (ANCC-COA). Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP3432. There is no conflict of interest on behalf of planners or presenters of this continuing nursing education (CNE) program.
Register for this Course
Registration closes on September 6.
Questions or for more information: email@example.com or 402-354-7107.