Inpatient Obstetrics Review- Day 3: Postpartum/Newborn Assessment and Care
- Date: September 1, 2015
- Time: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Location: Women’s Medical Office Building, Bernard Room, 717 North 190th Street Plaza, Omaha, NE 68022
Value: $280 per day
Cost: $70* per day with promo code 75PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the 2015 health system promo code for a 100% discount. Perinatal Outreach sites please use your 2015 promo code for your discounted rate.
*If attending all 3 days of the review or part of a group of 3 or more use promo code LABOR to attend for $50 per session
Purpose Statement: The purpose of this program is to review postpartum and newborn assessment and care.
• Identify physiological & psychological changes that occur with the mother during the postpartum period.
• Discuss nursing care of the woman in the postpartum period.
• Recognize maternal complications in the postpartum period.
• Describe the process of family adaptation in the postpartum period.
• Explore the various adaptations that occur with the newborn during transition from intrauterine to extrauterine life.
• Discuss the pathophysiology of the newborn, potential complications & nursing assessments and interventions.
• Discuss assessment and care of the breastfeeding mother and the non-breastfeeding mother.
|11:45-12:45pm||Lunch (on your own)|
Mary Seger Barker, RNC-OB, MSN, C-EFM, CIMI
Sue Weekly, RNC-OB, MS, APRN-CNS, C-EFM
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEU's for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
7.0 contact hours awarded
This includes 0 pharmacology hours for Nurse Practitioners
Master Code #: NE13-16C07
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Pharmatherapeutic contact hours awarded for 0 of the 7.0 total.
7.0 education hours.Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.