Inpatient OB Certification Review Day 2: Intrapartum Care
- Date: August 18, 2015
- Time: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Location: Women’s Medical Office Building, Bernard Room, 717 North 190th Street Plaza, Omaha, NE 68022
Value: $280 per day
Cost: $70* per day with promo code 75PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the 2015 health system promo code for a 100% discount. Perinatal Outreach sites please use your 2015 promo code for your discounted rate.
*If attending all 3 days of the review or part of a group of 3 or more, use promo code LABOR to attend for $50 per session.
Purpose Statement: The purpose of this course is to review the nursing care for the normal labor patient, as well as the patient experiencing obstetrical procedures and complications.
- Discuss common obstetrical procedures & related nursing care.
- Describe indications, contraindications and nursing responsibilities for labor induction and cesarean sections.
- Explore the physiology of labor pain and the pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic management strategies.
- Examine common obstetric complications and nursing responsibilities for each.
- Review care of the patient with preterm labor, preterm premature rupture of membranes, and multiple gestations
|11:30-12:30pm||Lunch (on your own)|
Mary Seger-Barker, MSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM, CIMI
Sue Weekly, MSN, RNC-OB, APRN-CNS, C-EFM
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEU's for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
7.0 contact hours awarded
This includes 0 pharmacology hours for Nurse Practitioners
Master Code #: NE13-16C07
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Pharmatherapeutic contact hours awarded for 0 of the 7.0 total.
7.0 education hours. Education Credit: 7.0 Education hours. Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.