Informed Consent for Healthcare Providers
- Location: Online Format
Nurses and other healthcare professionals who require a better understanding on informed consent.
Cost: $10 with promo code 75PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the 2016 health system promo code for a 100% discount.
This program will provide information and for healthcare professionals who require a better understanding on informed consent.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the key elements of informed consent.
- Identify barriers to informed consent.
- Review consequences of failure to obtain proper consent.
- Review informed consent related to the care of minors.
Resource Information- Click here to view
Ryan Portwood, J.D. is the Education Compliance Director at Nebraska Methodist College. He currently co-teaches a course at Nebraska Methodist College on law and ethics.
1) Register for the online course by clicking on register below.
2) You will receive a registration confirmation e-mail with the link to the online course.
3) Do not log in on mymethodist. Read the course instructions thoroughly and review the content.
4) Take the post test and evaluation. Your certificate will be issued in 5-7 business days.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEU's for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
Nurses: 1.0 contact hours awarded.
MW MSD Provider Approval #: NE13-16C07
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This includes 0 pharmacology hours.
This offering meets the continuing education criteria for 1.0 clock hours for Nebraska and Iowa Social Workers.
1.0 education hours.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.