Hemodynamics: A Practical Application for Today’s Nurses
- Location: Online Format
Nurses and physicians working with patients in any acute care setting who have the potential for hemodynamic instability.
Cost: $24 with promo code 80PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the 2016 health system promo code for a 100% discount.
This program will provide an opportunity to apply hemodynamic principles to today's clinical practice using a case-based approach.
Participants will be able to:
- Review basic hemodynamic principles essential for clinical practice.
- Identify essential assessments and critical thinking skills needed for evaluation of hemodynamic assessment.
- Discuss the use of pharmacologic agents to optimize cardiac performance.
- Discuss and analyze patient scenarios related to hemodynamics using case studies.
Resource Information- Click here to view
Gail Boston, MSN, RN-BC, CCRN is the clinical nurse educator for Surgery Support at Methodist Hospital. She has extensive experience in critical care nursing and is a frequent presenter on critical care and other adult medicine topics.
1) Register for the online course by clicking on register below.
2) You will receive a registration confirmation e-mail with the link to the online course.
3) Do not log in on mymethodist. Read the course instructions thouroughly and review the content.
4) Take the post test and evaluation. Your certificate will be issued in 5-7 business days.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
3.0 contact hours awarded. Code #NE13-16C07
This includes 0 pharmacology hours for NPs.
3.0 Education hours. Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEUs for a continuing education event, participants are required to complete a post test and evaluation.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development recognizes that accredited status as a provider unit refers only to its continuing education activities and does not imply Iowa State Board of Nursing, Nebraska Nurses Association, Methodist Health System, or any other regulatory body approval or endorsement of any commercial products.