Healthcare for Deaf and Hard of Hearing People
- Location: Online Format
Nurses and other healthcare professionals who care for deaf or hard of hearing patients.
Cost: $12.50 with promo code 75PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the 2013 health system promo code for a 100% discount.
This program will provide information and resources for healthcare professionals who care for deaf or hard of hearing patients.
Participants will be able to:
- Increase knowledge and understanding of the Deaf culture.
- Review best practices in providing medical services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing people.
- Increase your understanding of the roles and responsibilities of qualified and licensed interpreters.
- Provide resources to assist your facility in providing quality services to Deaf and Hard of Hearing people.
Resource Information- Click here to view
Peggy Williams is a mental health specialist for Nebraska Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing who has worked with Deaf and Hard of Hearing people for many years. She is a QAST/Level 5 Licensed Interpreter and provides educational and training programs on deafness and hearing loss for over 30 years.
1) Register for the online course by clicking on register below.
2) You will receive a registration confirmation e-mail with the link to the online course.
3) Do not log in on mymethodist. Read the course instructions thoroughly and review the content.
4) Take the post test and evaluation. Your certificate will be issued in 5-7 business days.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEU's for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
1.25 contact hours awarded
This includes 0 pharmacology hours for Nurse Practitioners
Master Code #: NE13-16C07
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Nebraska Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This offering meets the continuing education criteria for 1.25 clock hours for Nebraska and Iowa Social Workers.
1 .25 education hours.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development recognizes that accredited status as a provider unit refers only to its continuing education activities and does not imply Iowa State Board of Nursing, Nebraska Nurses Association, Methodist Health System, or any other regulatory body approval or endorsement of any commercial products.