Diabetes Here & Now: National Standards for Diabetes Self Management Education
- Location: Online Format
Cost: $25 with promo code 75PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the 2014 health system promo code for a 100% discount.
The purpose of this program is to explore best practices of diabetes care for patients in acute care.
Participants will be able to:
- Discuss concepts in carbohydrate counting, fat intake and heart disease, and weight management
- Review the assessment, education, and goals needed for the patient with diabetes.
- Explore essential diabetes care using a case study approach.
Resource Information- Click here to view
Tracie Jackson, RD, LMNT, CDE, is a Diabetes Educator for Methodist Health System.
Dan Kremer, BSN, is a Diabetes Educator for Methodist Health System.
Kayla Smelker, BSN, is a Diabetes Educator for Methodist Health System.
1) Register for the online course by clicking on register below.
2) You will receive a registration confirmation e-mail with the link to the online course.
3) Do not log in on mymethodist. Read the course instructions thoroughly and review the content.
4) Take the post test and evaluation. Your certificate will be issued in 5-7 business days.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEU's for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
2.5 contact hours awarded. Code #NE13-16C07
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Nebraska Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
2.5 Education hours. Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education recognizes that accredited status as a provider unit refers only to its continuing education activities and does not imply Iowa State Board of Nursing, Nebraska Nurses Association, Methodist Health System, or any other regulatory body approval or endorsement of any commercial products.