Diabetes Here & Now: Diabetes Management in the Hospitalized Patient - Part 2 of 3
- Date: July 11, 2014
- Time: 9:00 am to 11:30 am
- Location: Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center Auditorium, 8303 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68114
Cost: $22.50 with promo code 75PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the 2014 health system promo code for a 100% discount.
Purpose Statement: The purpose of this program is to explore best practices of diabetes care for patients in acute care.
Participants will be able to:
- Review how the various medicines for diabetes work.
- Recognize important contra-indications to and drug interactions with diabetes medications
- Describe how other illnesses, diagnoses, and medications can affect diabetes
- Examine insulin action profiles and how insulin is dosed.
- Discuss current standards of care for diabetes management in the hospital.
- State what patients need to know about their diabetes medications
- Identify key strategies for transitioning patients onto their home medication regimen upon discharge from the hospital.
- Explore medical management options in diabetes care using a case study approach.
|8:30 – 9:00 am||Registration|
|9:00 – 10:30 am||Diabetes Management in the Hospitalized Patient|
|Claire Baker, MD|
|10:30 – 10:40 am||Break|
|10:40 – 11:30 am||Diabetes Case Studies|
|Helen Jackson, MSN, APRN-CNS, GCNS-BC|
Claire Baker, MD, FACE is an endocrinologist in private practice in Omaha, NE.
Helen Jackson, MSN, APRN-CNS, GCNS-BC is a clinical nurse specialist at Methodist Hospital.
Resource Information- Click here to view
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEU's for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
2.25 contact hours awarded. Code #NE13-16C07
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Nebraska Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
2.25 Education hours. Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education recognizes that accredited status as a provider unit refers only to its continuing education activities and does not imply Iowa State Board of Nursing, Nebraska Nurses Association, Methodist Health System, or any other regulatory body approval or endorsement of any commercial products.