Core Leadership Development
- Date: October 7, 2014
- Time: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Location: Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center Auditorium, 8303 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68114
Cost: $0 with 2014 Methodist Employee Discount
This program is designed to provide opportunities for learning related to leadership development and improvement of patient care and safety.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand survey methodology and sampling.
- Determinate how to identify areas to focus your improvement efforts.
- Learn best practices for driving the patient experience.
- Define workplace negativity and review some of the forms it takes
- Explain what tolerating workplace negativity costs you, your employees, and the organization
- Provide tips for preventing and managing workplace negativityExamine and discuss ways to improve PRC scores
- Examine and discuss ways to improve PRC scores
- Discuss setting the tone for the work environment.
- Identify the impact each individual leader has on the workgroup.
- Review anecdotal examples from the local healthcare market of leader impact.
|7:30 – 8:00 a.m.||Registration|
|8:00 – 8:15 a.m.||
Introduction to Core Leadership Development Series
|8:15 – 9:15 a.m.||
John Sadlemyer and Hope Brown
|9:15 – 9:20 a.m.||Core Focus|
|9:20 – 10:20 a.m.||
Managers, Say "NO" to Negativity!
Lesa Deeker, B.S., SPHR
|10:20 – 10:25 a.m.||Core Focus|
|10:25 – 10:40 a.m.||
|10:40 – 11:25 a.m.||
Patient Experience: Leading the Way (Panel)
Becky Jizba RN, BSN, OCN; Sheri Cunningham RN; Pam Stout RN; and Kari Kersch RN
|11:25-11:30 a.m.||Core Focus|
Leaders: Setting the Tone for the Work Environment
Deb Robinson, MBA
Sue Korth, BSN MPH, PhD, is Vice President and COO of Methodist Women's Hospital.
John Sadlemyer is a Client Relationship Manager for PRC Custom Research.
Hope Brown is the Service Executive Performance Improvement at Nebraska Methodist Hospital.
Lesa Deeker, B.S., SPHR is a consultant/trainer/coach with Best Care EAP.
Becky Jizba, RN, BSN, OCN, is a Nurse Coordinator at Nebraska Methodist Hospital.
Sheri Cunningham, RN, is a Nurse Coordinator at Nebraska Methodist Hospital.
Pam Stout, RN, is a Nurse Coordinator at Nebraska Methodist Hospital.
Deb Robinson, MBA, is the Director of Organizational Development at Nebraska Methodist Hospital.
Kari Kersch, RN, is a Nurse Coordinator at Methodist Women's Hospital.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body’s standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEU’s for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
1.75 contact hours awarded
Master Code #: NE13-16C07
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Nebraska Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
1.75 education hours. Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.