Conflict Management Boot Camp
- Date: March 10, 2015
- Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Location: Center Pointe Building, 9239 W. Center Road, 2nd Floor Conference Room, Omaha, NE 68132
Designed for both the newly-promoted supervisor and the more experienced manager.
Cost is $219 if an EAP client company employee with member promo code.
Cost is $249 if not an EAP client company employee with promo code MBC2015.
**Registration for those not requiring continuing education credit click here Conflict Management Bootcamp
Purpose Statement: The purpose of this activity is to enable the learner to clarify the nature of conflict and the forces that drive it, identify their unique “conflict resolution” style and how it works for vs. against them, and practice tips, tools and techniques.
Participants will be able to:
- Define conflict and the factors that precipitate it.
- Explain the negative effect conflict can have on teams and organizations if not resolved constructively.
- Describe the positive impact it can have if handled in a professional manner.
- Disclose their preferred conflict resolution strategy after taking a conflict assessment.
- Explain why their strategy has its advantages and drawbacks.
- Assess a conflict situation and decide which of the five basic conflict styles- i.e., Avoidance, Competition, Accommodation, Compromise, and Collaboration- will lead to a positive outcome.
- Practice executing their chosen style in a timely and constructive manner.
- Plan and conduct a negotiation using the compromise style to be able to craft and implement a mutually acceptable solution.
- Plan and conduct a meeting using collaboration style to be able to solve an underlying disagreement which is determined as a mutual problem.
- Preempt unproductive employee conflict by setting appropriate behavioral expectations by training their employees in effective conflict resolution techniques.
- Hold employees accountable for meeting behavioral expectations by coaching for success or coaching for improvement .
|8:30 - 9:00am||Participant check-in|
|9:00 - 10:00am||Understanding the Roots of Conflict|
|10:00 - 10:10am||Break|
|10:10 - 11:00am||Understanding your Conflict Resolution Strategy|
|11:00 - 11:10am||Break|
|11:10am - 12:00pm||Understanding Conflict Resolution Styles|
|12:00 - 1:00pm||Lunch|
|1:00 - 1:50pm||Negotiation Tactics|
|1:50 - 2:00pm||Break|
|2:00 - 2:50pm||Managing Conflict between Employees|
|2:50 - 3:00pm||Break|
|3:00 - 3:50pm||Managing Conflict between Employees|
|3:50 - 4:00pm||Wrap-up|
David Dechant, MS, CCP
Training Consultant, Curriculum Development Coordinator
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body’s standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEU’s for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
5.0 contact hours awarded. Code #NE13-16C07.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
5.0 Education hours. Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.