Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) Certification Review (Two-day course)
- Date: September 30, 2014 to October 1, 2014
- Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Location: Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center Auditorium, 8303 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68114
Value: $600 Cost: $180 with promo code: 70pd
This program offers additional discounted pricing. See section description on registration page for more details.
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the 2014 health system promo code for a 100% discount.
A discount is available for groups of 3 or more.
Optional: Bound Book of Handouts: $10 or you may print on your own.
Purpose Statement: This two day course is designed to prepare nurses for the certification examination and is an opportunity to increase knowledge and assessment skills related to emergency nursing. Participant will be able to:
- Review specific study tips for the CEN exam.
- Discuss the care of patients with emergencies involving shock and other medical emergencies.
- Describe the professional issues related to the care of the patient requiring emergency care.
- Discuss the care of patients with emergencies involving major body systems.
- Discuss the care of patients presenting to the ED with maxillofacial emergencies.
- Describe the care of women involving obstetric & gynecological emergencies.
|Sept. 30 - Agenda|
|8:00am-8:15am||Welcome & Introductions|
|8:15am-8:50am||CEN Exam Process|
|12:30p-1:30pm||Lunch (on your own)|
|Oct. 1 - Agenda|
|12:30pm-1:30pm||Lunch (on your own)|
|4:00pm-5:00pm||Obstetric, Genitourinary, Gynecological Emergencies|
Resource Information- Click here to view
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEU's for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
15.0 contact hours awarded. Code #NE13-16C07.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Nebraska Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
15.0 Education hours. Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.