- Location: Online Format
Nurses and other healthcare professionals who require a better understanding of arterial blood gasses.
Cost: $12.50 with promo code 75PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the 2014 health system promo code for a 100% discount.
To provide an advanced review of arterial blood gasses and clinical connections for healthcare providers.
Participants will be able to:
- Review basic ABG interpretation.
- Differentiate the stages of hypoxemia.
- Recognize and interpret mixed and acid base disturbances.
- Recognize chronic vs acute acid base changes and chronic vs acute conditions.
- Identify the connection between anion gap and metabolic acidosis.
- Identify clinical parameters for: a) arterial vs venous draws, b) respiratory failure, and c) hypoxemia in COPD patients.
Resource Information- Click here to view
John Jarosz MS, RRT is the Program Director for Nebraska Methodist College Respiratory Program. He also teaches the airway management, ventilator management, clinical discussion and neonatal/pediatrics courses.
1) Register for the online course by clicking on register below.
2) You will receive a registration confirmation e-mail with the link to the online course.
3) Do not log in on mymethodist. Read the course instructions thoroughly and review the content.
4) Take the post test and evaluation. Your certificate will be issued in 5-7 business days.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEU's for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
1.25 contact hours awarded
This includes 0 pharmacology hours for Nurse Practitioners
Master Code #: NE13-16C07
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Nebraska Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
1.25 education hours.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.
Nebraska Methodist College Center for Professional and Continuing Education recognizes that accredited status as a provider unit refers only to its continuing education activities and does not imply Iowa State Board of Nursing, Nebraska Nurses Association, Methodist Health System, or any other regulatory body approval or endorsement of any commercial products.